Department of Geosciences
Colorado State University
Seismology and Geophysics
Ph.D., University of Oregon
- Ph.D. Geological Sciences, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR.
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR.
- B.A. Physics, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI.
Integrating seismology, geophysics, petrology, and mineral physics to understand both the physical properties and flow of the Earth’s mantle and also how the mantle interacts with the crust. Some particular topics of interest are:
- past and present western U.S. tectonics and deformation, and the mantle’s role in this;
- mantle flow at continental margins; hotspots, plumes, and propagating magmatic disturbances, particularly the Yellowstone hotspot;
- lithospheric strength boundaries and their role in strain partitioning; and
- overriding plate/subducting plate interactions.
- GEOL 120: Exploring Earth: Physical Geology
- GEOL 122: Geology of Our Environment
- GEOL 250: The Solid Earth
- GEOL 578: Global Seismology
- GEOL 580: Geodynamics
309 Natural Resources Building
Campus Delivery 1482
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1482
Phone: (970) 491-5786